Our Commitment to Climate Care, Road Safety & Good Communication
CHM Chauffeuring’s excellent safety record is maintained through risk assessment & realistic practical management.
CHM’s Executive Fleet travels thousands of miles weekly with high exposure to potential Road Traffic Incidents. By good decision making and good communication of information, CHM maintains a safe, reliable, punctual & comfortable service.
CHM measures success through client satisfaction, the basis of high client retention & business continuity. CHM values all clients, existing & new.
Good decision making
- Choice of fleet vehicles with safety foremost – all vehicles have European New Car Assessment Program (ENCAP) 4 & 5 star rating
- Main dealers used for servicing, maintenance, repair, and engine updates
- Vehicle checks performed before and after work periods
- High recruitment standards and high level of personnel retention
- Driver training to CHM required standards, including roadside incidents and use of in car equipment
- Regulation of drivers permitted hours, driver exchange policy
- Route planning, realistic journey times, avoidance of hazardous roads & weather conditions
Occupational Road Safety Alliance
As a member of the Occupational Road Safety Alliance, CHM implements recommendations & updates practices in the areas of:
- Health & Safety Law and the responsibility to establish safe systems of work and supports the HSE “Driving at Work” which has Risk Assessment as a fundamental platform
- Road Traffic Law and the establishing of safe journey parameters and provision of appropriate vehicles.
- Balance of Responsibility where work related Road safety is a shared responsibility.
Good Support Service
- All vehicles carry High Visibility Vests & First Aid Kit
- All vehicles have membership of the RAC Onward Destination Roadside Assistance
- CHM has a backup vehicle & driver on standby
Environment & Climate Care
CHM recognises its responsibility to contribute towards Climate Care with a ‘Reduce-Reuse-Recycle’ policy.
- Without compromising safety our fleet comprises of low emission, diesel engine vehicles
- All vehicles are manual gear change for maximum fuel efficiency
- Utilisation of vehicle capacity by consolidation wherever practically & socially possible
- Regular fleet review & replacement with newer more fuel efficient, reduced emission vehicles
- Reduction in the usage of paper, glass, plastic & rubber which are all taken for recycling
- Realistic scheduling to ensure that vehicles can operate with adequate driving intervals at all times which helps to reduce emissions
- Vehicles do not wait with engine idling